Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine madness

I don't know what got into me but I went a little crazy this year for Valentine's Day. In fact I believe that Dan's exact words were something like, "You went a little crazy...but crazy in a good way."

I've been spending the last few days doing Valentine crafts and photos with Jackson and I got so excited about finally revealing them to Dan that I barely was able to sleep last night.

Here are some photos from our fun day:This is the stash of Valentine goodies that Dan woke up to in the morning:This art project below was a Pinterest idea I stole from our friend Becky. It was especially tricky to get Jackson to comply with forming his 2 hands in the shape of a heart but he was pleased that it took 3 tries to get this close since it meant a lot of trips to the sink to wash his hands (an activity he really, really enjoys these days).And a special Panera cinnamon crunch bagel breakfast was waiting for him......and so was a special lunch:This is the photo I sent in an email to Dan letting him know he had a card hidden in his work bag:While Dan was at work, Jackson and I played. We had a play date with friends Stephanie and Gabriel. Jackson and Gabe had fun "hiding" and finding one another in the living room curtains.Jackson opened his Valentine packages from Grandma and Aunt Julie in Florida:Here's some video:
This one is for you, Grandma! (Grandma Jean)


A candlelit dinner isn't really feasible on a Tuesday night since Dan has little time between coming home from work and leaving for Proxy, our church's junior high ministry where he's a leader. That being the case, I opted for a Valentine's Day gift to myself of not cooking at all. Jackson and I took a trip to Papa Murphy's to pick up a Heartbaker, a heart-shaped take 'n bake pizza. We also picked up some old fashioned glass bottles of coke and I put those in an ice bucket in lieu of champagne. Add some red plates and some homemade "photo-booth" decor and you've got yourself a Valentine's Day feast!
Of course Dan came home with a dozen gorgeous, antique white roses, some of my favorite dark chocolates, and an amazing card because he's my Mr. Wonderful!HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

No comments: