Sunday, March 6, 2011

Thirty, (not so) Flirty, & Thriving

I watched 13 Going on 30 the other day in honor of turning the big 3-0.
I'm happy to report that I haven't had any melt downs or anxiety attacks in the midst of my milestone birthday. I'm even happier to report that my birthday left me feeling even more blessed and full of joy than I felt at 29. Thanks to Dan and our family & friends showering me with cards, gifts, Starbucks, text messages, Facebook comments, phone calls, and more...I am left speechless and my cup is definitely running over.(Jackson enjoyed helping me open my presents.)My birthday has been more of a "birthweekend" and it's still going (dinner at my fave restaurant Cheesecake Factory in T-minus 1 hour and counting). Thursday was the actual date of my birthday, March 3. Our friend Adelle brought me a tasty Starbucks birthday breakfast which was especially needed after a long and sleep-deprived night with my teething baby boy.
Jackson and God teamed together to give me another birthday treat in the form of Jackson taking a TWO hour nap!
He woke up happy and greeted me with a big smile when I went into his room.
Dan & Jackson were my dates that night at Five Bistro for some delicious grub and on our way home we stopped to pick up some Haagen Dazs to take home for dessert. (Too bad I tossed the ice cream pint in my purse as we were getting out of the car and didn't remember to take it out of my purse until THE NEXT DAY! oops.)

Day 2 of birthday bliss included a Blankenship family celebration in Tacoma complete with tacos, chocolate dipped strawberries, red velvet cupcakes, and gifts. Among the gifts was the promise of a ski weekend with Rob & Beth. I can't wait!

Day 3 I woke up to a curious package outside our front door.
It was the chocolate cake that I had wanted for my birthday but didn't have the time/energy to make myself! My sister had enlisted the help of a local "birthday fairy" to bake and deliver it. She won't admit to it, but I'm pretty sure it was Glory who stood in as the Birthday Fairy.

I spent the afternoon sharing the birthday spotlight with fellow birthday girl, Kaci Jean, who turned 2!
That night a handful of friends from our home group joined us at our house for the afore-mentioned cake. All 4 layers of chocolaty goodness were loved by all.The highlight of the evening was the unveiling of the birthday presentation that Dan had put together (props to Becky Crowl for her ingenious idea implanting!). The plan was to put together a list of 30 friends' things they love about me but it ended up turning into a list of 39 friends which was amazing and left me crying happy tears.
So far, being 30 is fine by me (especially when Jackson wears his "My mom is hot" T-shirt).

No comments: