Wednesday, January 18, 2012

skiing Edmonds Bowl

Today was snow day #3 and the town is going wild, or perhaps the complete opposite of wild would be a more accurate description. Roads are snow-packed, vehicle traffic is scarce, and people on sleds are in abundance. Dan went in to work at 4 a.m. this morning so that he could get off early and come play with Jackson and me. Jackson conked out in the car right away...... but our grown-up friend Matt came out to play. Together, the guys skied down our largest hill, Walnut Street (pictured below).Ready to roll.
Down the steep hill, through the 4-way stop between 2 waiting cars, and right to the front door of Walnut Street Coffee. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

Here they are at the bottom of the hill.
While I didn't get to ski this time around, I gratefully was treated to a coffee as payment for my reverse-gondola services.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Jill! I read your blog, even though I never comment :) But I had to on this one....,that Walnut coffee sign is very similar to the Luke's coffee sign on Gilmore Girls! Ever watched that show?