Sunday, January 20, 2013

Dude, I totally should've brought my board!


Who knew that a January day at White Pass Ski Resort could feel so much like Spring with blue skies, warm sunshine, and plenty of snow for Jackson's first time out on a snowboard. We took a couple hours during our Annual Blankenship Family Cabin Weekend to dedicate to Jackson's dream of being just like Shaun White. Watching all those youtube videos of Shaun certainly paid off because our little dude took to the slopes like a pro and with a little help from Dan was soon on his way down the mountain...doing mini jumps and looking like a real pro on his board. It was way too much fun for these proud parents!



And right about then, he took off on his own and there was no looking back. This kid is a natural!




They say pictures are worth a thousand words, but in this case I'm thinking that a video (or two...or three) is worth at least a thousand.



Is anybody else tired out just from watching Dan run after Jackson?


I love how Jackson is smaller than the snowboard!
I had Dan snap this pic of me with Jackson so that he can autograph it for me once he goes pro.


We're already looking forward to taking Jackson out to the slopes again soon. Hopefully we can plan a trip to the mountains before Emma makes her debut without risking a roadside delivery!

No comments: