Sunday, March 4, 2012

birthday girl

Yesterday was my birthday and it was definitely a really, really special day from start to finish.

When you wake up in the morning and the first thing you see is a Starbucks grande americano with cream sitting on your bedside table, you know right then that it's going to be a great day. Why can't I wake up to that sight and scent every day?

My birthday breakfast was fabulous! Dan spoiled me with my Starbucks and his infamous best-ever pancakes topped with fresh strawberries and whipped cream.
Lunch wasn't too shabby either. My man and our little man were my dates to my favorite lunch spot, Panera. Jackson got a little cranky when we lingered there past his nap time. Here are some funny photos of our cranky pants fighting over a "cupcake" with me.Don't worry...a nap cast all those tears away and we had happy Jackson back in no time. Meanwhile, Dan was busy baking one of my favorite things: chocolate chip cookies. But not just any chocolate chip cookies! He made them with Ghiradelli chocolate chips! Now, THAT'S a birthday treat! Our house smelled amazing as they baked!Needless to say, I was one very happy birthday girl..
Oh, and this one-of-a-kind T-shirt isn't really what Dan got me for my birthday but I'm thinking that he's probably now wishing it was. We had a good laugh over it!Next stop was the beach because it was a gorgeous day out and it's hard to say no to Jackson when he asks to go see the ferry boats. The sun was beginning its slow descent behind the mountains and the colors in the sky were gorgeous as we walked in the sand and threw rocks into the water with our little ferry boat enthusiast. I had brought the camera with us so I could set it up to take a shot of the 3 of us. Unfortunately, I forgot that I'd left the battery charging in the kitchen so, sadly, there's no photo documentation of my birthday beach walk.

We left the beach in pursuit of a cupcake because Jackson had been promised a cupcake on my birthday. We went to a cute cupcake boutique called Pinka Bella Cupcakes where the men picked out their cupcakes and I abstained in order to save room for more dessert that evening. Dan picked out a Key Lime cupcake and Jackson chose vanilla with chocolate frosting.Here's some video of the cupcake carnage...

To wrap up the day, I headed to the home of our friends, The Crowls. Becky - the hostess with the mostest - had planned and executed a "Jill's Favorite Things" party. She and my girlfriends showered me with a myriad of my favorite things like BBQ chicken pizza, chocolate chip cookies, cherry coke, daisies, dark chocolates, Ireland photos, some of my fave tunes, and photos of my gorgeous husband and son. It was such a fun night with these amazing ladies and I felt truly celebrated.I felt unbelievably blessed by God as my head hit the pillow that night.

No comments: