Monday, March 5, 2012

a long shot

Jackson is a huge fan of playing basketball, as most folks know. But he's not just in it for the fun. He also likes to present himself with a challenge. Tonight, he showed us and buddy Gabriel how he could make a basket from all the way back by the kitchen sink...(sort of).

The boys were having a lot of fun tonight at our house. Here they are chatting it up over a bowl of goldfish crackers...a staple food item around here these days. (I buy the whole grain kind so that I feel better about the massive handfuls of them that Jackson shoves into his mouth at every opportunity.)
Dan and I don't know what got into him but for some reason, Jackson was giving out hugs constantly tonight and little Gabe was at the receiving end of much of that free love.
These two are buds for sure. Tonight they got a little rowdy and it was so stinkin' cute to watch! Take a peak for yourself...


After running back and forth a lot, the boys finally nestled in on the couch with Dan for story-time before bed.
On a very - and I mean VERY - random note:

Tonight as I was going through my evening ritual of looking for assorted golf balls, ping pong balls, and other balls underneath our furniture...I looked under our armoire as I usually do but found more than I bargained for. Usually I find a few balls, corks, and maybe a block or two. But tonight I found 2 golf balls and a ping pong ball but as I was reaching strategically with a golf club to reach the last ball I noticed some dark-colored fabric hanging down from the bottom drawer of the armoire. Knowing that we don't keep anything made of fabric in that drawer, I was confused and intrigued. Surely my eyes were mistaken. I reached up underneath the armoire and tugged at the fabric. What I pulled out was a dusty pair of ridiculously short - like shorter than Daisy Duke short - Abercrombie & Fitch shorts. We bought the armoire from Craig's List about 3 years ago and it would seem that we incidentally inherited these shorts from the previous owner as a bonus.

Thanks, but no thanks Hoochie Mama.

No comments: